Saturday 14 May 2016

Battletech - Draconis Combine Reinforcements!

I have not done much in the past month or so.  Illness and general lethargy have kept me down.  However, I did manage to go through my lead pile and finish up some additional mechs for my Battletech Draconic Combine Genyosha force. 

I purchased these over a year ago with the intent of using them in Gruntz or some other 15mm game: a Titan 2, Supernova and three Night Stalkers.  Since then they sat unassembled, unceremoniously thrown in a box, forgotten.

As luck would have it though, when cleaning up I found these gems.  My Combine forces were lacking in numbers (especially medium mechs) so I painted them up accordingly.  The designs are from a much later era than I normal play in Battletech.  As such, they are going to be used as custom designed Star League mechs in my 3025 games.  The Night Stalkers fit with the Kurita Samurai warrior ethos: fast, lots of light weapons with a nasty close combat weapon to boot! 

These guys are 95% finished.  I am just missing the Combine decals, which are in the mail.  They were airbrushed in the same manner as my other Genyosha forces.  The whole process took perhaps 2 hours to complete all five mechs, from airbrushing to detailing.  The Stalkers were a bit of a struggle to put together (a lot of small pieces) but I like the design quite a bit.  They would work well in 15mm games as some kind of battle robot.  The Supernova and Titan 2 would easily work as light or medium mecha. 


Titan 2, Supernova and Nightstalkers


Titan 2 Battlemech




Supernova Battlemech




Nightstalker Battlemech




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total