Saturday 24 June 2017

Ral Partha Skeletal Ogres

What is an Ogre army without a few animated corpses to go with it?  Both Ral Partha and Citadel made skeletal Ogres.  Sadly I do not have any of the latter's models.  The RP range only contained two sculpts, one with an axe and one with a club.  These baddies are suitable for a number of games and were specifically done for Dragon Rampant, as the entourage for my Chaos Ogre Mage.  Every sorcerer needs undead guards.
Ral Partha Skeletal Ogres
The prep work was the same as my Skeletal Giant.  The only difference was that after Deck Tan I airbrushed Reaper Master Series Yellowed Bone.  That color was the base upon which the wash was applied.
 
The armor was done with both Blackened Steel and Tarnished Steel.  Washed in Army Painter Dark Tone ink, then dry-brushed to bring out highlights.  I would imagine there are some conversion possibilities for weapon heads with these guys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total